Sunday 22 January 2012

Today I want to share another one of my DIY projects with you. 

A few weeks ago I found this large mirror in a second hand shop. I was really lucky as I was in the right place at the right time. Somebody dropped it off while I was looking around in the shop. The shopkeeper herself was quite keen on it and I heard her mention that she would take it home, if it didn't sell in a day.

So I had to act quickly. I rushed home to get Mr D and the car and together we rushed back to the shop to pick up the mirror.

Over the last few weeks I worked on it and here is the result:




I gave it four coats of paint. I used Crown Period Colours Old English White. I'm very please with the outcome but will probably have to part with it soon as it went up on Ebay today to find a new home.

Tell me about what you are working on at the moment. I love to see other people's projects.

Happy decorating,
Nadine

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about doing my own project like this for a while... now I might just give it a go :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise,

    Yes, definitely do and let me see the result! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. .. and I loooove how it turned out!! Great job girl!
    I'll start shopping in sh shops too. Lots of material to work on :)

    Have a great day, xo

    - Urska @
    Live.Create.Inspire

    ReplyDelete