So here we go...
1. I grew up in East Germany and was 10 years old when the wall finally came down. Until then I hadn't seen any other country as we were literally locked in. I'm very thankful for the fall of the wall in 1989 as otherwise I wouldn't be where I am today!
3. I'm a bit of a loner... I cherish the moments I can spend on my own lost in books or blogs or redecorating something. I'm not a big party animal although I love meeting up with friends and chatting over some lovely food and wine.
4. I was dancing in a dance company from the age of 9 until 27. I loved it and we were taking part in nationwide competitions. Our biggest success was winning the Berlin Championships in Jazz and Modern-Dance 5 years in a row!
Can you spot me?
5. When I finished school in Berlin I wanted to go abroad to see the world but unlike my friends I didn't fancy spending a year in the States as an Au-pair and I didn't know about Work-and-Travel in Australia back then (otherwise that would have been an option as well).
I decided to go to Israel and work in a Kibbutz for 8 month. I was based in the South, close to a small town called Ashkelon and about 20 min from Gaza. On my days off I travelled the whole country. It's a fascinating place and I learned a lot... too much to put in a post... but I will never forget that time.
6. I'm crazy about animals...dogs, cats, horses, alpacas, sheep... you name it. Anything that doesn't have more than 4 legs is quite cute and adorable in my eyes and seeing an animal hurt is breaking my heart. When I was a little girl my mum always had to switch over the channel as soon as an animal got killed in some kind of nature programme because I just wouldn't stop crying...
7. I regard life as a journey and I try to enjoy every single moment of it. I don't want to rush through it. Instead I'm looking forward to all the stops that are still lying before me such as getting married, having kids, buying a house and building a home... I believe that anything is possible in life. It's all up to you!
So now you know!!!
I'll pass this tag on to everyone who reads this post and hasn't been tagged yet.
Looking forward to reading 7 random facts about you!!