Sunday 29 May 2011

BULRLAP: MEMO BOARD

When thrifting through car boot sales and flea markets, I sometimes pick up things that I like the look of but don't really know what to do with it yet.

This was the case with an old burlap sugar sack that I had bought over a year ago. I did get lots of ideas from readers on what to do with it, but simply never got around doing it…

Yesterday, I finally got around using my burlap sack to create a French Style Memo Board.

I stretched the material over a simple white canvas, stapled it and then added the ribbon. Where the ribbon crossed, I sewed old mismatched black buttons on.

The memo board is now hanging in our entrance and holds all my favourite postcards that friends and family have sent and that are too pretty to just disappear in a random draw.

Loving the new look of our entrance!

2 comments: